About The Wave
The Wave Network of Home Churches is a community of Jesus followers who are dedicated to discipleship, missions and community transformation.
Our network of home churches are connected together through technology and represent cities all over the nation. We are a church in every way without walls without the intention of ever establishing a traditional church building. This allows us to steward our finances outward and direct them at community projects, missions and benevolence.
What We Believe
The Wave believes that theology should be rooted in the Bible, especially the New Testament. Our theology is often referred to as Trinitarian Theology due to its emphasis on the relational nature of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Here is a summary of our core beliefs:
- The Father, Son, and Spirit are one God, united in love for one another.
- Jesus Christ, as the Word made flesh, is fully God and fully human.
- Jesus accurately reveals the goodness and love of God, and reveals humanity as God intended us to be.
- As our Creator, Jesus represented all humanity, and all people benefit from his vicarious humanity: his life, death, resurrection and ascension.
Jesus Christ atoned for all sin and suffered its full consequence.
- God has in Christ reconciled all humanity to himself through his son, Jesus (Colossians 1:20). (However, universal atonement should not be equated with universalism.)
- The judgment of God against evil has been executed in Jesus Christ so that all might repent and receive forgiveness and, through the Holy Spirit, share in Christ’s resurrected, eternal life.
- People are exhorted to respond to this reconciliation and participate in the life for which we were all created.
- Jesus, as the nexus of divinity and humanity, has enabled humanity to participate in the life and love of the Trinity, which was God’s intent from before the beginning of time.